06 November 2008

whose body is this anyway?

i am going to pat myself on the back.
i have done an excellent job of getting myself healthy. i've worked very hard to get where i am physically, and more importantly, where i am emotionally. i have learned more in the past three years about nutrition, health, and weight loss than anyone i know.
for the first time in my life, i feel healthy.
i know that i can and will do better. i still have more to learn, and i am still working on it.

but...

why is it that the moment people find out you are having a baby, your body isn't your own anymore?
why do people feel the need to tell me that i am eating too little, or too much, or not the right foods? or that i'm not exercising enough?
why do people criticize my prenatal vitamins, or try to tell me that my doctors are wrong about the way they are managing my care?

who are you? who are you to tell me what is best for me? who are you to decide how many grams of protein i need a day, when you don't even know how many grams of protein YOU need? who are you to decide what types of patients i should or shouldn't take at work?

what it is about being pregnant that makes people suddenly put in their unwanted two cents?

i'm pretty sure i'm an educated gal, and am doing a fine job of growing this little babe. don't worry about me.

i just don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. oh that reminds me what have you eaten today? have you taken your vitamins? how do you feel? have you slept enough? I think you should start driving slower....hmmm what else can I demand you do....

    ReplyDelete