11 January 2010

where did this month go?

first came thanksgiving, then came christmas. then came new years, and then came my birthday.
and here we are.

let's start where we left off, shall we?
Christmas was wonderful. We spent Christmas Eve with my family, relaxing and opening gifts, watching Avonlea help us rip the paper and bounce around on her new chair (which you will see soon in her newsletter, I promise) Christmas morning brought us to Justin's parent's house, where a delicious brunch and even more presents made us all smile, with round, full bellies. And Christmas night brought us back to my parent's house, where we feasted on roast beast with family and friends. It was a good holiday, and as a friend has said of her own family on christmas, "although we were missing what was missing, we enjoyed what was new. "

New years was quiet, we stayed in with delicious chinese food and appetizer spread, and watched movies and drank wine with friends and family. perfection.

And, it was the dreaded 30th birthday for me yesterday. And despite my lack of enthusiasm for this major milestone, it was the first birthday in probably 5 years that I did not cry...and so, that automatically bumps it up to the "best birthday i've had in a long time". Having worked the night before, I slept in, then woke up and got a pedicure with my sista friend before heading out for delicious mexican. We finished the night with homemade cake and ice cream, and an early bedtime.

so, now that we are caught up on the holiday season, i promise to get a 9 month newsletter in order. It will be in abbreviated form, since this month is halfway over and soon i will have to do a 10 month newsletter! *sigh*

and so, i bid you goodnight, and i promise to get my act together soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your life:). and I miss you. i have something that I have to give you.... i'll give it to you the next time I see you. I'm glad to hear that you didn't cry on your birthday. And don't worry, sweets, we're all turning 30 with you. Isn't it crazy that we're 30?? It doesn't feel as old as it seemed when we were young:). Isn't that the way it goes? I can't wait to get together soon with you and A. And yes, any Sunday that you guys want to come up is wonderful for us. We'll cook you a nice dinner (dessert included).

    xoxo- Blair

    ReplyDelete