23 July 2010

Bon Bon Bonanza!

In preparation for a friend's baby shower this weekend, I took out my old, (and well loved) bon bon recipe from an old friend. This is a great and easy recipe, it does take a bit of time to hand dip the little peanut buttery morsels...but it's worth it! mmmmm!

All the ingredients in the bowl: dates, eggs, peanut butter, coconut, confectioners sugar and walnuts. This was a double batch.


Squish it up!!!

I like to pre-roll the bon bons...makes dipping them go much faster! You can make them as big or as small as you want!


I don't own a double boiler, so I made my own with a sauce pan and a sauté pan filled with water. I think it works just as well. I melted a bag and a half of Ghiardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips. I also love using bittersweet chocolate for the coating because the inside of the bon bon is so rich and sweet. In lieu of paraffin wax (because who can find that?!?!) i used a little olive oil to make the chocolate a little thinner and give it a pretty waxy finish when it cools and sets.



mmm...how just freeze the tray until the chocolate sets, and then pop them on a platter or ziplock. Freeze them for up to 3 months, and defrost just prior to serving. Delish! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about giving you nana jeans peanut-butter ball(secret family recipe -- but then you would post it on your blog -- AS IF!! LOL) come over soon and I would love to show you how to make them -- but you will need to sign a 12 page LEGAL document stating you will never share the recipe :)
    Jennifer Galvan :)

    ReplyDelete