16 July 2013

I love my job


I love my job. I took a walk up to the office I crash for working on the staff scheduling up on the Oncology floor and today the halls were full of happy patients. Little bald heads wandering the halls with their IV pokes, friends and parents. They were having a parade, you see,  to the playroom where they would all meld together and do an art project.
Happy faces of all ages, helping each other, laughing with each other, loving on each other, supporting each other. 

This. Is. Why. I. Love. My. Job. 


Kids aren't like adults. They don't wallow or pity themselves for long, they get up and get on with it. There are friends to text, homework to catch up on, baby dolls to push, slushies to be drank between chemo doses. 

I. Love. My. Job. 

It keeps me grounded. It keeps life in perspective. It keeps my mind fresh and my focus on how good life is, even on the hardest of days. 

<3


Disclaimer: these are not photos of our patients. I stole them off the internets for visual prettiness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment