16 July 2008

thievery

i'm not sure why, and i absolutely cannot explain it....but every time i see one of those DunBar armored guards carrying out large sums of money from stores or restaurants, it takes everything in my power to NOT try to steal their loot. everything. i have to force myself to stay where i am as i watch them saunter by with their little loaded guns. it has absolutely nothing to do with the actual treasure, but i always wonder if they would shoot me dead. would they shoot me? would they reaaaally??
anyway, i know it's ridiculous.
i just can't help myself.

2 comments:

  1. lol! Dan used to work for Brinks. Yes, they would shoot you ;) I'd advise against it ;) Maybe start smaller, petty thievery might be more up your alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, as an armored car guard, I can tell you we are directed to go for a shot to the center of mass (heart/chest); and, if that doesn't bring the thief down directly, the second shot is to be directed to the head. We do not answer to local law enforcement in the event of a shooting, only the FBI. Stick to answering to convenient store loss prevention, for a petty larceny rush. It takes professional criminals years to plan an armored car robbery. Trust me, the penalty for trying to get a hold of what we transport, isn't worth a spontaneous adrenaline surge. ;)

    ReplyDelete