07 May 2010

Nurses Week

This post goes out to all my nurse friends, who kick ass every day. Especially the nurses that I have the pleasure to work with.
I work with incredible nurses, both in skill and in heart. Working with the population what we work with is no easy feat. I have seen a lot in my 4 years of being in the Pediatric ICU. I have seen babies live despite all odds, and many have died. And it never really gets easier to watch. We just get better at dealing with it.

So thank you, girls, for being with me through the long nights. Thank you for medication checks, and siding with each other while bickering with doctors. Thank you for 2 am baths, 9 pm trache care, help with admissions, transfers and discharges. Thank you for snacks, family dinner time, and weekend take-out. Thank you for helping me pick grieving parents up off the floor to hold their dying children. Thank you for picking me up off the floor every night around 4 am.
Here's to many more years, and many more nurses' day with my favorite crew. With you, I know I am never working alone.

Get out there and hug your favorite nurse today! :)


2 comments:

  1. Awww... This makes me want to go apply for a job where you work!
    Happy nurses day to you!!!

    PS- I'm stealing your graphic and posting it on the GSO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sleep safe at night with my nurse, very safe. I love Nurses!

    Justin

    ReplyDelete