28 June 2011

Summertime...and the livin's easy...

It's summertime in our little house in the woods....and that means sunshine, swimming, days at the park, long walks, ice cream, late bedtimes, smores, and lots and lots of family lovin'.
We stayed home this week, playing in the kiddie pool and relaxing...time waits for summer. I love working 3 days a week....but during the hot summer days, although it's hard to force myself to go into work, once i'm done with my shifts, EVERY day feels like vacation. Like that very first day of summer....full of endless possibility, freckles, pruned fingers, and late night conversations watching fireflies in the warm air.
And every day that I have with this gorgeous monkey, makes me experience that joy of being a kid all over again. My soul screeches with excitement at her face, full of every drop of fun that ever was.











No comments:

Post a Comment