01 January 2009

my triumphant return?

so, after thinking about it for months, i have decided to join my sister's summer softball team in Cheshire, CT.
last summer, justin and i went to a few of their games to watch and hang out, and these girls had sooo much fun! they all brought their little families with their little babies, and played a fun, stress free game...and then hung out after, gnoshing on picnic foods and beer after the game.
i can't wait to bring my little family, with my little baby, and play in their fun little league. :)
and i am so excited! i think it would be good for my post-baby psyche to hang out, get a bit of exercise, and it will be a nice break from maternity leave.
yes, i know i haven't played since high school, but it doesn't matter. i'm pretty sure that some of those girls have never played before, so at least i can say i have. :)
it's nice to be excited for the warm summer sun on your shoulders in this dead of winter chill. summer sun, summer beers, and new summer friends. :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice job, SM- good recruiting move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! I finally did something right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber- I wouldn't tell them that you've played before. You've really only picked dandelions in the outfield. Or, wait- was that me? I seriously think that it was both of us. But doing it with a beer in hand sounds even better. I hope to come and see you and bearclaw play this summer:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so jealous. I love playing softball. Maybe I'll come and watch you play while I take care of the kids. ;)

    ReplyDelete