25 October 2011

Doin' it right....



This year, a flame has been ignited. Because Avonlea is finally old enough to understand this amazing time of year....and she is just as excited as we are for this change of seasons.
Don't get me wrong...summer was magnificent...but Autumn is my favorite. There is something about Fall that just reminds me of new beginnings, despite the fact that the greens are fading to brown. I remember how excited for school we would get, especially my best friend and me. To this day, I still do "back-to-school-shopping" and believe it's permanently engrained into my soul.
Avonlea has been ridiculously excited for Halloween this year, and it has brought back all of those childhood feelings for me. So the house is decorated to the nines, we talk about the changing of the seasons every day, monitor the falling leaves, and squeal when we talk about Halloween.
We are relishing cozy sweaters, warm new blankets, and roasted squash and pumpkins....
We are doin' it right....






ps. yay for collage apps!!!! :)

happy fall!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!!! love it all! :) she looks just like you too... i so want to go back-to-school shopping, but i'm not in school...... love the pumpkin photos- A is adorable:). xox, B

    ReplyDelete