04 March 2010

lions on lambs

So often, I take photographs and am frustrated with the outcome....they either aren't as beautiful as I had imagined them in my mind, something was out of focus, my subject moved too quickly....the list goes on...

Tonight, my goal was to realize the beauty in my own mistakes. There is great beauty here, in this every day life of mine. This raw, real, every day life.





I feel like this photograph is the story of my life lately....She's growing up so fast. She is my storm, and I am her calm.




February was a busy month. And it was easy to get lost in the to-do lists and must-get-dones, sadness and uncertainty. I'm embracing March and what it has to offer....hopefully gorgeous signs of spring, warmer winds, and a little less of the sad chaos that February blew onto us.

So welcome, March. In like a lamb....let's go out like lions, shall we? Bring it.

4 comments:

  1. it's funny that you say that because i always love your photographs. i never told you this, but i've already made the decision that, when matt and i have children, we're coming down to ct to have you take our christmas card photos. i swear!
    i can't believe avonlea is standing on her own. amber, she is growing so incredibly fast. i'm so glad that you get to spend a lot of time with her- you're a perfect pair;).
    i'm sorry that february was such a crap month for you:(. cheers to march- i hope it's full of many wonderful things (and we'll start it off with a visit and nice lunch-maybe we'll even have good weather monday and can take a walk without jackets.... is that pushing it too far? ;)).
    i can't wait to see you and avonlea.

    love, b

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thanks care bear! :)
    i hope this month is better for everyone!
    *sigh*
    i can't wait for monday! :) yaaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these photos! especially the one where the banister is in focus- It's so true about what is "stable and solid and strong" and how your auto-focus camera chose to highlight that against your will when you were trying to only focus on the beautiful, fleeting, fuzzy, 'motional kid!

    Why was feb sad? I'm outta the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. los of death. lots of stupid crap going on. ugh.

    ReplyDelete