23 October 2008

sleepy veil

if i had blogged earlier today, i would have posted that i think that i have emerged from my baby-induced constant state of exhaustion and sleepiness. i didnt require 20 hours of sleep a day anymore....i was functioning better....my "placenta brain" had seemed to lessen and i could remember small tasks that i had wanted to do....

and then, as i was studying tonight for a PALS (pediatric advanced life support) recertification class, i feel dead asleep. not just "wow, i'm so bored, i can't keep my eyes open" kind of sleep. dead asleep. snoring asleep.

the only thing of any value that i got accomplished today was waking up in time for the 11am appointment for the tv repair man. and i went out for lunch.

as i type, i slowly feel the veil of exhaustion clouding over my brain.

*sigh*

when does this part end?

2 comments:

  1. Zen cheerleader mommy comment: "It ends when it ends."

    Grumpy, tired mommy comment: "18 years from now."

    Nurse comment: "It's different for everyone."

    Most of my second trimester was super fantastic. I had a lot of energy AND I had a good excuse to enjoy naps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!
    great.

    i think that it really is starting to get better now. it's been a few days, and although tired, i am not ridiculously exhausted.

    maybe i've turned the corner. waahoooo!!!

    ReplyDelete