23 March 2009

the results are in!

ok. so. this is my story in a nutshell.

avonlea is small. pint sized. 5ish lbs. and my placenta is "very mature" and calcifying. she has good blood flow to her, but for whatever reason she isnt getting enough nutrients to grow bigger, and is in fact, possibly losing weight.
so, this means that she is indeed being diagnosed IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction). therefore, i conclude, that after my appointment tomorrow afternoon, that my OB will probably schedule me to be induced sometime this week. but i will know more tomorrow after my appointment. so, stay tuned. it looks like i'll be having a baby later this week.

1 comment:

  1. glad that you'll get to meet her early and i'm sure she'll start bulking up once she gets some "real food" :) fingers crossed that everything goes well. will be thinking of you all this week. love you! jen

    ReplyDelete